Time to start the Spring Cleaning!! You may having already started on the cupboards and changing the bathroom, but have you given any thought to your body. Spring’s is the perfect time to detox, especially the liver as we tend to be more sedentary during the winter months and are more inclined to eat heavy, rich meals. Caring for the liver helps rid the body of toxins and alleviate digestive problems. A Spring cleanse is about more than losing weight for Summer (though it definitely helps) and it shouldn’t be treated as a strict regiment for aesthetic gain (ie. cabbage diet). It is more important to be kind to your body and yourself and reconnecting yourself to the seasons.
So here they are, you’re easy tips for a Spring Cleanse:
- Drink water: especially in the morning and just before bed
- Fruit and veg a plenty! : Get as many Fresh, raw fruits and veg into you as you can. Try and stay seasonal and local. Our bodies react to our surroundings, so as the seasons change we ought to change our diets with them.
- Sweat: There is no better way to rid the body of toxins than to sweat them out! So get moving: walk, run, yoga, play
- Take a bath: with Epsom salts to cleanse and draw out toxins
- Get a bitter taste in your mouth: Bitter herbs are excellent for liver cleansing. Dandelion, milk thistle, turmeric, goldenseal can be added to meals or drink them as tea
- Learn to BREATHE: The breath is the source of life so breathe deeply and fully. Deep breathing relaxes the mind and massages the Lymphatic system
Make a super salad for lunch:
- Tamari pumpkin seeds/almonds
- lemon juice